Traffic Advisory – Tuesday, March 19, 2019
March 15, 2019
As part of ongoing construction for Down to Earth, there will be crane work in the Lau Hala Shops parking lot on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. The Hahani entrance/exit will be open and traffic control measures will be in place to ensure safe access for pedestrians and drivers around the construction area.
Bus drop-off and pick-up will be temporarily located in the parking garage.
Kailua Tour Bus Statement
February 14, 2019
Alexander & Baldwin is sensitive to the impacts of tourism and traffic in the Kailua community. On Wednesday, Feb. 13, a tour operator parked approximately a dozen tour buses on our property in Kailua Town without our knowledge. While we do allow a few buses on our property at a time, we have been in contact with the tour operator and informed them that what happened on Wednesday is not an acceptable use of our parking facilities. A&B apologizes to our tenants and Kailua neighbors for the inconvenience and wants to assure them we are working with the tour operator to ensure this does not happen again.
Several years ago, the previous owner of the Kailua Town commercial district, started the practice of allowing tour buses to park on its property. At that time, members of the community were frustrated that tour buses would park at Kailua District Park and drop off passengers on residential streets. The community preferred to have the tour buses park in the commercial district. A&B inherited this practice when it purchased the commercial properties from Kaneohe Ranch in 2013.
For questions regarding this issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Kailua Town! February Promo
January 31, 2019
Shop your heart out this Februrary in Kailua Town! Spend $150 or more now through February 17, 2019 and get a limited edition Kailua Town reusable jute tote bag.
Validate your receipts now through Feb. 17 at three convenient Kailua Town locations:
Bikini Bird located at 131 Hekili St. #103 (see store for hours)
Brazilian Show Room located at 629 Kailua Rd. #120 (see store for hours)
Island Olive Oil located at 609 Kailua Rd. (see store for hours)
- • One (1) redemption consists of one (1) Kailua Town reusable jute tote bag.
- • Complimentary Kailua Town reusable jute tote bag available while supplies last.
- • Limit of one (1) redemption per person (Feb. 1 – 17, 2019).
- • Must present the original printed receipts. Electronic or photo copies will NOT be accepted.
- • Credit card receipts must be accompanied by the original printed receipt.
- • Combined receipts must total $150 (excludes sales tax and gratuity) within the same calendar day.
- • Receipts must be dated and redeemed Feb. 1 – 17, 2019.
- • Current photo identification required for redemption.
- • Must be 18 years and older to redeem.
- • Alexander & Baldwin employees and immediate family members are not eligible.
Alexander & Baldwin reserves the right to change the promotion as deemed necessary.
I Love Hula Schedule Jan – June 2019
January 10, 2019
Halau Hula ‘O Nawahine
Kumu Hula Marlene Kuraoka
Halau Ho’oulu I Ke Kapa
Kumu Hula Leimomi Kyono
Halau Hula Ka Ulu Pua ‘A’ala O Ka Lani
Kumu Hula Lehua Carvalho
Halau Hula Pa’akea Wai Lehua
Kumu Hula Wanda Akiu
Halau Ha’a Hula O Kekau’ilani Na Pua Hala O Kailua
Na Kumu Hula Charlani Kalama & Ka’anohi Macomber
Halau Ka Pa Hula O Ka Lei Hulu Hiwa
Kumu Hula Jack Mackegue
Kanikapila Schedule Jan – June 2019
January 8, 2019
Kamuela Kimokea and WCC musicians
George Kuo, Greg Sardinha, Aaron Mahi
Blaine Kia and Kalei Kahalewai (Kamanawa)
Jeff Peterson and Ian O’Sullivan